You can terminate your contract at any time. The cancellation will be effective at 23h59min59sec on the day of cancellation. You will be reimbursed at pro rata temporis for contracts that have already started.
Following a Claim, in case of refusal of payment, either you or we have the right to cancel the policy contract during a period of 30 days. The notice period is 3 months.
The insurance end date is the earliest of the following dates:
- the date on which the insured vehicle becomes older than 5 years old, calculated from the 1st date of registration;
- the date of the total loss of the insured vehicle;
- the date of cancellation of this policy;
- the date on which the insured vehicle is sold or transferred to a new owner;
- the date on which the insured vehicle is repossessed, if the insured vehicle is purchased with finance agreement;
- the date on which you cease to have a Liability Motor Insurance Policy and a Light or Full Casco Insurance in place covering the vehicle;
- the date you cease to be resident in Belgium
In case of a total loss, the remaining insurance policy will be cancelled due to the disappearance of the risk.