We will not cover:
a) Radioactive Contamination and Nuclear Assemblies Exclusion
We will not pay for:
- Loss or destruction of or damage to any property whatsoever, or any loss or expenses whatsoever resulting or arising therefrom or any consequential Loss;
- any legal liability of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from:
(i) ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel,
(ii) the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear
assembly or nuclear component thereof.
b) War Exclusion
We will not pay for any loss or damage or liability directly or indirectly occasioned by, happening through or in consequence of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, or confiscation or nationalisation or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority.
c) Existing and deliberate damage
We will not pay for loss or damage:
(i) occurring before cover starts or arising from an event before cover starts;
(ii) caused deliberately by you or by any person lawfully at the home;
d) Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Contamination Clause
We will not pay for:
- Loss or destruction of or damage to any property whatsoever, or any loss or expenses whatsoever resulting or arising therefrom or any consequential loss;
- Any legal liability of whatsoever nature;
- Death or injury to any person; directly or indirectly caused by nuclear and/or chemical and/or biological and/or radiobiological means, or anything connected with those means, and which is the direct or indirect result of Terrorism, or anything connected with terrorism, whether or not such consequence has been contributed to by any other cause or event, including steps taken to prevent, suppress, control or reduce the consequences of any actual, attempted, threatened or perceived terrorism. Terrorism is defined as any act or acts including but not limited to:
(i) the use or threat of force and/or violence; and/or
(ii) harm or damage to life or to property (or the threat of such harm or damage) including, but not limited to, harm or damage by nuclear and/or chemical and/or biological and/or radiological means caused or occasioned by any person(s) or group(s) of persons, in whole or in part, for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes including, but not limited to, the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public or any section of the public in fear, or is claimed to be caused or occasioned in whole or in part for such purposes.
e) Contamination and Pollution Exclusion
We will not pay for anything arising from pollution or contamination, unless caused by a sudden and unexpected accident which can be identified, or by oil leaking from a domestic oil installation at your home.
f) Diminution in value
We will not pay for any reduction in value of the property insured following repair or replacement paid for under this insurance.
g) Contractors Exclusion
We will not pay for any loss, damage or liability arising out of the activities of contractors. For the purpose of this exclusion a contractor is defined as any person, company or organisation working at or on the property, including where you are working in your capacity as a professional tradesman.
h) Electronic Data Exclusion
Unless you have cover for computer attack shown as included in the schedule. We will not pay for loss, damage, destruction, distortion, erasure, corruption or alteration of electronic data from any cause whatsoever (including but not limited to Computer attack) or loss of use, reduction in functionality, cost, expense of whatsoever nature resulting therefrom, regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence to the loss.
However, in the event of a fire or explosion resulting from any matter described above, this insurance will cover physical damage occurring during the policy period to the property insured by the original policy.
Should electronic data processing media insured by this policy suffer physical loss or damage insured by this policy, then the basis of valuation shall be the cost of the blank media plus the costs of copying the electronic data from back-up or from originals of a previous generation. These costs will not include research and engineering or any costs of recreating, gathering or assembling such electronic data. If the media is not repaired, replaced or restored the basis of valuation shall be the cost of the blank media. However, this insurance does not insure any amount pertaining to the value of such electronic data to the insured or any other party, even if such electronic data cannot be recreated, gathered or assembled.
i) Faulty Workmanship Exclusion
We will not pay for: any loss or damage arising from faulty design, specification, workmanship or materials
j) Wear and Tear Exclusion
We will not pay for: any lLoss or damage caused by wear and tear or any other gradual operating cause
k) We will not pay if you were not provided with:
1. Tenant’s pay slips or other proof of revenues for the last 2 months (if the prospect is a student – parents can be co-liable);
2. Confirmation that the monthly rent is less than 50% of the tenant revenues;
- Legal Protection policy coverage which is provided for all costs and fees to pursue or defend claims involving breaches arising from the tenancy aAgreement regarding the non-payment of the monthly rent.
You will be required to show proof of these at the time of a claim. A claim might be declined if you can’t provide those proofs.