Please be digital when contacting the administrator.
You can reach Qover by:
Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all relevant and required documents in the attachment; or
Visiting the website www.qover.be and use the claim form http://bit.ly/2Dr1kIM ; or
Calling at +32.2.588.25.50
If you wish to claim an unpaid rent you must notify the administrator as soon as practicable.
However, you must take the following actions within the indicated timeframe before filing the claim to the administrator:
- send a reminder letter after default of payment of the tenant within 10 weekdays after effective due date (refer to your Legal Protection policy wording); and
- in case of non-payment within 15 weekdays after the effective due date, you must file the claim to your Legal Protection insurer within 3 weekworking days at the latest.
- Then, if no payments have occurred within a period of 60 weekdays, your indemnity payment will be triggered
- For all other claims such as accidental damage or reinstatement, report within 8 weekdays of the discovery. The administrator or the claim adjuster will send you a claim form for you to complete and return.
You must provide the administrator or the claim adjuster with accurate and complete information and supporting documentation, so that we may determine the specific circumstances, the causes and the extent of the damage, the identity of all those involved, and any witnesses.
You must take, or allow others to take, practical steps to prevent further loss or damage, recover Property Loss and otherwise minimize the claim.
In order to authorize a claim, we or the claim adjuster will require:
At first claim notification:
- Your contract reference number.
- A copy of the tenancy agreement and proof that it has been officially registered to the competent authorities (SPF Finance).
- A copy of satisfactory credit references you received from your tenant before entering into a tenancy agreement (such as payslips or other equivalent proof of solvability).
- A copy of the bank statement which attests of the existence of a blocked deposit for the rented premises (or equivalent proof).
- Full details in writing of any Loss or damage and any further information or declaration we may reasonably require.
- A copy of the expert assessment report (if applicable);
- A copy of the initial inspection report;
- A copy of all letter(s) and all other communications you had with your tenant with regard to the non-payment of the rent or any other cause of dispute (if applicable); and
- A copy of your Legal Protection policy wording in force at the time of the loss (except if subscribed via the Administrator) and a copy of Your claim to such Legal Protection insurer
- All other information or documents that would be useful and necessary for us or the claim adjuster that the policyholder has received from third parties pertaining to the loss, like subpoenas and judicial or extrajudicial documents.
In addition, before any indemnity is granted, it is mandatory the claim adjuster personally call you in order to understand the circumstances of the loss. You will be required to answer a variety of questions. Furthermore, this call will be recorded and the recording can be used internally to manage the loss, to detect fraud or for other broader risk profiling measures.
Upon receipt of all the information requested, we or the claim adjuster will review your claim. If your claim is covered by your insurance contract, the administrator will authorize your claim.
The policyholder is prohibited from committing an act that would hinder or negate our right to subrogate against a responsible third party. If the policyholder does not meet any of these obligations, and in case of causal relation with the claim, there might be no indemnity and/or assistance provided or we will demand repayment of the indemnity and/or costs paid related to the Loss. When these obligations have not been respected due to deliberate or wilful misrepresentation fraudulent intent, we or the claim adjuster will deny coverage, keep the full premium paid and terminate this contract.