1° The costs of a legal proceeding regarding accidental or intentional damage are covered in the case of a recovery of:
- An accidental damage to the permanent fixtures and fittings if the damage exceeds 30,000 EUR.
- Theft (by forcible entry only) of any property items, which are a permanent feature of the accommodation and do not belong to the tenant if the damage exceeds 30,000 EUR.
2° The costs of a legal proceeding regarding reinstatement costs of the property are only covered in the case of a recovery of damage caused by or resulting from:
- Moths, vermin or insects
- Chewing, scratching, tearing or fouling by domestic pets if they are not allowed in the Tenancy Agreement
- Removal of debris, trash and dropped belongings (tenant’s contents only)
- Crime scene
- Suicide or suicide attempt
! When filing a claim for such damage, the policyholder will have to provide a copy of the initial inspection report.